Turmeric is in the spotlight at the moment, and for good reason too! It's top of the list as one of the most frequently mentioned medicinal herbs in all of science and it's benefits are huge!
The main few reasons to include Turmeric in your diet include the fact that it is:
- Anti-inflammatory (include a small amount of black pepper to increase the benefits)
I'm not a nutritionist so am not going to go into this further but there are a million different articles explaining the benefits of incorporating Turmeric into your diet.
What you'll need:
- 1 cup of unsweetened almond or coconut milk (or any other dairy free alternative)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder (If you can get the fresh stuff then use a heaped tablespoon of this grated)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder (again if you use the fresh stuff then a heaped tablespoon of it grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil
- pinch of black pepper to help with the absorption
- 1 teaspoon of honey to sweeten (optional)
- Heat the milk in a pan, when it's warm mix the ingredients all together.
- Whisk the mixture until it just starts to boil. The whisked coconut oil will help give the drink a creamier texture.
- Pour into your favourite mug (yes it makes a difference!)
If this all seems a bit too much but you still want a Turmeric Latte then check out Sweet Revolution
This is pretty incredible stuff. It tastes delicious, is so easy to make and does wonders for your body and mind. I took this travelling with me last year and it was brilliant! No mess, just mix with hot water for a delicious Turmeric Latte. Available to buy online on Amazon.
I can't wait to try their other products and see if they're as amazing as this one!
Let me know if you try making this or have tried any pre-made ones!